We respect your privacy and understand that privacy is important to you and that you care about how information about you is used, so this privacy notice sets out details about what data we collect and how we use it.
1. Visitors to our website
Where we collect personal data via our website, we will be upfront about it and it will be obvious to you that you are providing personal data and how we will be using it.
1.1 Google Analytics
When someone visits our website https//:www.hillier-landscapes.co.uk we make use of the Google Analytics service to collect standard information about visitors to the sites and their behaviour (e.g. what pages they viewed). The data provided by Google Analytics is anonymised and in no way enables us to identify individual visitors, however, Google Analytics will place a cookie on your device to enable the service. For more information about how Google Analytics cookies work on websites visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
1.2 Other cookies used, tracking pixels or similar tools
Cookies may also be used for the following reasons:
- Our website uses ExpressionEngine as the content management system (CMS). ExpressionEngine uses a number of cookies for the functionality of the site. Details about what cookies ExpressionEngine may place on your device can be found here: https://docs.expressionengine.com/latest/general/cookies.html. Although, please note, we are not utilising the commenting or forum functionality of the CMS so those cookies will not be used by our site.
If you wish to not allow cookies, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
1.3 Online forms
If you fill out one of our website forms a notification email is sent to the relevant team within our company. No copy of the data you submit is stored anywhere. As our site uses SSL (https) the data you submit using the contact form will be encrypted once you press the “Submit” button.
1.4 Website Hosting
We use a third-party supplier (Clook) to host our website. Whilst generally they would have no need to access our website content or database, it is possible they may from time to time mainly for support queries. We are assured the hosting provider is GDPR compliant.
2. People who contact us via email
If we receive an email from you, your email will be stored on our email provider’s platform and will be accessible on our computers by the person the email is intended for. Access to all emails is protected by email passwords. Security measures are in place on all computers to filer junk mail, virus scanning etc via our computer software provider.
3. Our use of social media
We do run other social media channels but we do not collect, save or process any personal information.
4. People who are our customers
Any customer or client information we hold will have been provided by you ie name, address, contact telephone number and email. All information is stored electronically within our computer systems and in some cases by hard copy which is held securely and may be accessible by the person to whom you have divulged such information. All customer and client information is held for the minimum period as stated by law after which it will be destroyed confidentially.
5. Employee data and Recruitment
Employee information processed includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- the terms and conditions of your employment; details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, including start and end dates, with previous employers, this may include your curriculum vitae, application forms completed;
- information about your remuneration, including entitlement to benefits such as pensions or insurance cover;
- details of your bank account and NI number;
- information about your marital status, next of kin, dependents and emergency contacts;
- information about your nationality and entitlement to work in the UK;
- details of your working schedule (days of work and working hours) and attendance at work;
- details of periods of leave taken by you, including holiday, sickness absence, family leave and sabbaticals, and the reasons for the leave;
- details of any disciplinary or grievance procedures in which you have been involved, including any ‘active/live’ warnings issued to you and related correspondence;
- assessments of your performance, including appraisals, performance reviews and ratings;
- performance improvement plans and related correspondence;
- details of any company loans, training agreements and records, or other agreements entered into with us;
- eligibility to drive, including licence details or points on licence for those employee’s who drive for work;
- electronic information in relation to your use of IT systems / swipe cards / telephone systems;
- your image (whether captured on CCTV, by photograph or video);
- information about medical or health conditions, including whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments;
- any other category of personal data which we may notify you of from time-to-time.
Unless stated elsewhere in this document or in our terms of services we only store the data necessary to provide the services we provide to you. We will keep this data for as long as it is lawful for us to do so (this may be for as long as you are a customer or because of a legal obligation to retain the information, whichever is the longest).
7. Third party processors
We use a number of third-party cloud-based services for the purposes of effectively running our business and providing our services to you. We also use a number of third-party organisations, e.g. accountants, HR, H&S support etc.
In all cases where we are using a third-party service or company, we will only provide the minimal amount of information for the purposes of delivering the service to us and to meet our requirements.
We always carry out due diligence against all our third-party suppliers for the purposes of ensuring their compliance with data protection, maintaining adequate security of your data and ensuring they apply adequate data protection principles to the processing of the data we supply.
8. Your rights
Under current data protection legislation in the UK, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the data we store and process about you. You can find more information about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
If you want to make a complaint about the way we are processing your data, you can contact us, using the contact details below. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
8.2 How to withdraw consent and object to processing
Where we are processing your data and needed to ask your permission to do so, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to stop receiving our marketing emails you can do so, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom or the email. Otherwise, you can contact us, using the contact details below.
If you wish to raise concerns about the way we are processing your data or would like to raise an objection, then please contact us via Debbie Parvin on 01794 368855 or by email at email@example.com with your concerns.
8.3 Keeping your data up to date
It is important that any of your data that we process is kept up to date. We will from time to time ask you to verify your contact details but if you wish to update any information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
8.4 Erasure of your data (the “right to be forgotten”)
Under some circumstances you may request us to delete your data from our systems. Where this is possible (e.g. we don’t have any legal purpose for continuing to process your data) we will erase it from our systems.
If you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten, please contact us via the contact details below.
Your right to portability allows you to request a machine-readable format of the data you supplied to us and associated service logs (where we store them). Please contact us, using the contact details below, if you wish to receive a CSV export of your data.
8.6 Access to your data
You have the right to ask us about what data we hold about you, how we process it and provide you with a copy of the information, free of charge and within one month of your request.
To make a request for any personal information we hold and process about you, we would prefer it if you could put it in writing or in an email to the addresses below. We will need to verify your identity before providing the information and where necessary may contact you further to ensure we understand what data you are requesting.
9. Disclosure of information
We do not share any personal data with any third parties unless it is lawful for us to do so, if required by law to do so or if you provide us with permission to do so.
10. More information
For more information about your data rights and privacy or data protection in general visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://www.ico.org.uk.
11. How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect and use your information not covered in this privacy notice, or if you wish to speak to someone about our approach to data protection and privacy, please contact:
The Landscape Trading Company Limited, The Dell, North Common, Sherfield English, Romsey, SO51 6JT is the data controller of data for the purposes of the GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights outlined above, you can contact 01794 368855 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Changes to our privacy notice
We may change or update elements of this privacy notice from time to time or as required by law. The most current version of our privacy notice is available on our website at https://www.hillier-landscapes.co.uk